For everyone who will plan to peak climbing in Nepal, it is highly recommended that you get travel insurance that covers added expenses that might result due to various health issues, injuries or accidents (together with the ambulance, helicopter rescue, and other treatment costs). Your insurance policy should cover up the entire activities that you are planning to accomplish throughout your stay in Nepal.
In addition to this, the policy should also cover death, misplaced luggage, theft and liability, cancellations, medical treatment (counting hospital charges, cost of the medicine, doctor’s fees) as well as repatriation cost. Also, this climbing peak trail in Nepal takes you of 5,000 m above the altitude, therefore, you also need to ensure that your insurance policy covers peaks that go over 5,000 m.
We suggested that you buy your insurance policy from your home country before joining with us, where it is difficult buying a local travel insurance policy for foreigners in Nepal.
Meals And Accommodation
While you’re in Kathmandu, your accommodation is at a standard hotel (Arrival time and departure time). Your accommodation is at best local Lodge and Guest Houses where available. The Mountain local Lodges are clean and have comfortable beds. The Lodges are fairly basic and the room is spare with twin beds. Blankets are generally provided. There is a large dining hall and warmed fitted with a chimney duct, in which a log fire is lighted.
Eating is a big part of the Holiday. Traveling with Northern Trekking Team, you experience the vast array of wonderful Nepalese food, Italian, Thai, Chinese, and several local foods. While on the trek it will be on full board all 3 times meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, with Tea/Coffee) included in the package. Your guide will suggest delicious, hygienic special food during your trips. Generally, choose menu items are Nepalese meals (Dal Bhat), Tibetan fried bread, various types of soups, Momo’s (steamed dumplings), boiled and fried potatoes, kinds of pasta and even pizza. So, overall you have a different choice of foods on the trek. During this trek, you will usually have breakfast and dinner at the same guest house.
Our Guides And Safety
Our guides are fully trained and licensed from Nepal Government Tourism Department, certified by TAAN & Nepal Mountaineering Association.
All our Trekking and Climbing Guides are professional with decades of experience in this field of adventure. They are trained specially for specified and various trips, to cater the flexible requirement of our clients from different nationalities, this will assure you that your trip will be enjoyable and in safe hands of professional experts.
On every trip, will be one climbing leader and an assistance leader on each additional 7 peoples in the group on treks, this arrangement would ensure that even if any of our guide/ assistance guides gets sick or clients may get sick and need to be evacuated or staying behind from the walks, it wills still works smoothly and there would non-impact with our original peak climbing plan.
Every 7 trekkers will have one Sherpa helper for carrying your trekking bags.
Our porter is fully strong, helpful and friendly. Their salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation, and Insurance on each trip with us. As you know that we are very trustworthy and polite, while on trek thus we make sure that our porter is fully prepared for the trip. We are closely working with the International Porter Progress Association for the welfare and benefit for trekking porters.
The maximum load carried by our porter minimum 20 to 25 KG maximum so be sure that your trekking bag is not more than the above figure.
This is a high altitude journey and elevation starts from low 2,860 m to 6,145 m high, where symptoms of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) might occur due to dry air, cold wind, and less oxygen. Generally, The Labuche peak climbing trip one needs to be in good physical with sound health to avoid other medical complication on the route the journey, just follow our climbing guide he will advise and suggestion which keeps and makes you feel secure to enjoy this fabulous adventure with us.
Best Time To Visit Nepal
Three best seasons for the climbing to Labuche Peak. Generally, the main trails are having with trekkers in the two regions, we suggest you join in at the right time of the year as far as possible.
Things To Know Before Trekking
The main flow of foreign visitors in Nepal is for climbing the peak from moderate to adventurous or challenging peaks, the most important is choosing the right trip as per your duration of holiday and fitness, for Nepal Himalayan peak climbing adventure one needs to be in sound health and physically fit.
On booking with our preparation of fitness required like walking-jogging-Jumba-aerobic at least twenty days before your departure from the home country.
Please send us your dietary list and medical history report so that we can arrange well in advance respectively. Book the ticket from home for Kathmandu,Nepal to reach at least two days ahead and earlier from climbing peak departure with much space in Kathmandu after the peak climbing, this allows you with more time in Nepal to enjoy the culture and heritage sites of Nepal and also in case of flight delay (Kathmandu-Lukla and Lukla-Kathmandu) which can happen sometimes due to bad and unfavorable weather.
If you are wondering about how to obtain Nepal visa, then the easiest way to obtain it is at the Tribhuwan International Airport upon your arrival in Nepal or else at the immigration entry point if you are entering through the border of India or Tibet.
Note: There are few countries namely Nigeria, Ghana, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Cameroon, Swaziland, Iraq, Ethiopia, Liberia, Palestine, etc. People from these countries do not get a visa from the immigration entry points of Nepal.)
Passport & Visa Information
What do you need to obtain A Nepal visa?
If you are thinking of taking a visa at the airport or immigration entry point, the following are your requirements:
- A valid passport (The passport should have a validity of at least six months)
- You should fill the application form for visa available at airport or immigration entry points.
- Two passport size photos
- Visa fees which should be paid in cash.
Entry points to Nepal
- Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu
- Eastern Nepal – Kakarvitta, Jhapa
- Central Nepal – Birjung, Parsa
- Northern Border – Kodari, Sindhupalchowk
- Western – Rupandehi (Belhiya, Bhairahawa)
- Mid-western – Banke (Jamuna, Nepalgunj)
- Far western – Kailali (Mohana, Dhangadhi) / Kanchanpur (Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar)
- USD 25 or equivalent convertible currency for 15 days.
- USD 40 or equivalent convertible currency for 30 days.
- USD 100 or equivalent convertible currency for 90 days.
- For the tourist of SAARC nationals, free visa up to 30 days.
- Visa is not required for Indian nationals. However, if they enter Nepal via air, they will have to show a valid identification certificate (passport/ citizenship certificate). The children under the age of 10 do not need to show an identification certificate.
- If you want to extend the visa for 15 days or less, visa extension charge is USD 30 or equivalent convertible currency
- If you want to extend the visa for more than 15 days, USD 2 will be charged per day after 15 days. However, the visa can be extended maximum up to 150 days in a visa year (Visa year refers to the year starting January to December.)
When a foreigner has to get down at Nepalese airport as a result of his/her transit point or due to any force landing for whatever the reason, the foreigner can obtain a transit visa for a day after paying USD 5 or any other currency equivalent.
Other General Information
- Entering into Nepal or staying in Nepal without a valid visa is illegal.
- A tourist visa can be obtained either through the Nepalese embassy or consulate or other mission offices in your nation or at the immigration entry points in Nepal listed above.
- Visa once issued cannot be amended and the visa fees are non-refundable.
- You should pay the Nepal visa fees in cash. Credit card or cheque is not acceptable.
- Visa charges are not applicable for children under 10 years of age, however, they must obtain a valid visa.
- If you are obtaining a new passport or travel document, you are advised to contact the Immigration Department for the document transfer.
- Always carry your passport and trekking permit while on trekking.
- Some of the areas are restricted for filming. Therefore, be careful not to do the activities that are strictly prohibited.
- The culture, tradition, and sentiments of Nepalese people should be respected. Do not perform any activities that would hurt their sentiments.
- Do not perform any activities that would lead to moral turpitude.