WHAT DO YOU NEED TO OBTAIN A NEPAL VISA?
If you are thinking of taking a visa at the airport or immigration entry point, the following are your requirements:
- A valid passport (The passport should have a validity of at least six months)
- You should fill the application form for visa available at airport or immigration entry points.
- Two passport size photos
- Visa fees which should be paid in cash.
ENTRY POINTS TO NEPAL
- Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu
- Eastern Nepal – Kakarvitta, Jhapa
- Central Nepal – Birjung, Parsa
- Northern Border – Kodari, Sindhupalchowk
- Western – Rupandehi (Belhiya, Bhairahawa)
- Mid-western – Banke (Jamuna, Nepalgunj)
- Far western – Kailali (Mohana, Dhangadhi) / Kanchanpur (Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar)
- USD 25 or equivalent convertible currency for 15 days.
- USD 40 or equivalent convertible currency for 30 days.
- USD 100 or equivalent convertible currency for 90 days.
- For the tourist of SAARC nationals, free visa up to 30 days.
- Visa is not required for Indian nationals. However, if they enter Nepal via air, they will have to show a valid identification certificate (passport/ citizenship certificate). The children under the age of 10 do not need to show an identification certificate.
- If you want to extend the visa for 15 days or less, visa extension charge is USD 30 or equivalent convertible currency
- If you want to extend the visa for more than 15 days, USD 2 will be charged per day after 15 days. However, the visa can be extended maximum up to 150 days in a visa year (Visa year refers to the year starting January to December.)
When a foreigner has to get down at Nepalese airport as a result of his/her transit point or due to any force landing for whatever the reason, the foreigner can obtain a transit visa for a day after paying USD 5 or any other currency equivalent.
OTHER GENERAL INFORMATION
- Entering into Nepal or staying in Nepal without a valid visa is illegal.
- A tourist visa can be obtained either through the Nepalese embassy or consulate or other mission offices in your nation or at the immigration entry points in Nepal listed above.
- Visa once issued cannot be amended and the visa fees are non-refundable.
- You should pay the Nepal visa fees in cash. Credit card or cheque is not acceptable.
- Visa charges are not applicable for children under 10 years of age, however, they must obtain a valid visa.
- If you are obtaining a new passport or travel document, you are advised to contact the Immigration Department for the document transfer.
- Always carry your passport and trekking permit while on trekking.
- Some of the areas are restricted for filming. Therefore, be careful not to do the activities that are strictly prohibited.
- The culture, tradition, and sentiments of Nepalese people should be respected. Do not perform any activities that would hurt their sentiments.
- Do not perform any activities that would lead to moral turpitude.